"We love our bread. We love our butter. But most of all, we love each other."
~Courtesy of Madeline the Book Series

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Adventures in Baking

Just a short little post here. This week I figured I'd give making homemade bread another go. Previous attempts have come out less than desirable. Let's just say they'd fit in better with a bed of river rock than in your mouth. haha After attending an enrichment night where they actually let me feel the dough (yes I'm very hands on), I felt confident enough that my bread would no longer come out dense as a rock. =-D And I was right! I actually got it right this time and didn't try packing in the flour (that made a huge difference by the way) and I didn't kill the yeast. lol The kids love it! And Teancum calls it Homey Homey Bread instead of Homemade bread. I'll have to write that one down in his journal. Maybe make a kitchen plaque that says, "Nothing's better than mom's Homey Homey bread" What do you think? Caoi!

my work station.rising in the oven
final product. YUM!



5 comments:

3in3mom said...

Yummm. . . I have never mastered bread! Thank goodness Bob has ;0)

rubi said...

congrats! i successfully made bread for the first time a few months ago too.

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy. I commend you I am too scared to even try making bread, maybe someday when I'm out of school.

Lawyer Family said...

Hey sara sorry this is late,
But AWESOME JOB on your bread!
The bread looks great!!
Love ya,
Crystal

Nadia said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love when the final product is lovely and yummy. You'll have to check out my post about chicken pot pies...when I post it. Say hi to travis!