"We love our bread. We love our butter. But most of all, we love each other."
~Courtesy of Madeline the Book Series

Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to My Roots!

So, last month was my 10 year high school reunion. I decided I was going to go just for the fun factor. lol It was also a great excuse to go back home to visit my family and those familiar places I visit in my dreams when I dream about Louisiana. This time I was able to bring all my kids too. My mom flew out to Phoenix to help me make the LOOOONG drive to Louisiana with our 3 kids, for which I am eternally grateful!

While we were there we visited the Sci-Port Discovery Center with Clint and Susie, which was built and opened when I was in Elementary School. You can tell because some of the exhibits are EXTREMELY dated and run down. And I don't think those communication disks work anymore. Well...at least we weren't able to hear Aunt Susan and Teancum from our huge saucer across the room and I specifically remember visiting when I was young and these huge things working. Oh Well! It was fun anyways. There was also this cool paper airplane launcher display. So we made our airplanes and stuck them in the launcher. As luck would have it, on first launch, MY airplane got stuck on the hoop. Some sweet little boy crawled under the display glass, climbed up and got it for me. lol

We also went to a couple of Splash Pads, one of which was on the Red River Boardwalk. Teancum LOVED the one at Brownlee Park, because he could spray other kids with water.

Susan and Clint had 4 dogs at their place, due to the fact that they rescued a whole litter of lab puppies. The kids had a blast with the two they had left. One was a chocolate lab named Gumbo, and the other, which we brought home with us, is black. We have named him Beau and he is currently being housebroken, much to his disliking. He is, however, having a good old time chasing our kitty, Araya, around the house. He thinks she's his personal high tech play toy. She just thinks he's annoying, but is very curious about him, and LOVES to tease him when he's outside by standing by the sliding glass door and staring at him. lol

We also had a blast going to Chuck E. Cheeses with Aunt Susan, Uncle Clint, Aunt Samantha, and Uncle Samuel. Thank goodness too, because I don't think I could have taken all three of the kids by myself. We would have had to leave before the fun began. So thank you my wonderful Siblings!!!

Ariele took a great liking to Aunt Susan and actually tried adopting her as her new mother. I was getting her out of the car once while we were down there and she said to me, "I want Mommy!" To which I replied, "I'm Mommy!" Ariele: "No, I want Mommy!" Me: "You mean Aunt Susan??" Ariele: "Yeah, Su-sen!" Me: :::rolls eyes::: Needless to say, whenever Susan was around, Ariele was attached to her hip. At least it gave me a little much needed space. hehe =-D

We had so much fun! And the kids were so spoiled by all of my family. We'll definitely have to make another trip down there when we can, especially since we know the humidity isn't going to suffocate us. =-D We were so excited to get home to see Travis/Daddy. We missed him alot and Sinjon especially wanted to get home to sleep "in my own bed". hehe

Enjoy the pics!

3 comments:

d.a.b.e said...

Awe..Looks like you guys had fun on your trip. The pics of the kids are adorable!!

3in3mom said...

fun!

Jill said...

Really cute pictures! Cute layout too! Im glad you had a fun trip. You deserved it! Now its time for a GNO for the birthday girls! ALL FOUR of us!